Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ode to the Camera

Ode to the Camera
by Gemmie Valle

I held you here in my careful hands
And gently wiped your delicate lens
With every smile and every move I make
Photos are treasured memories you take


It’s you who accompanies me
In random times of vanity
You capture these emotions of mine
Whether real or fake from time to time


You’re always there in special occasions
And treated as a cherished possession
Faster than how swift my eyes can blink
Great angles are caught with just one click


But sometimes I would like to ask you
What magic do you bring when I feel blue?
Just when I grab you and try striking a pose
I quickly turn into a beautiful rose


When no one else is there but the two of us
I simply set the timer, and yes, alas!
I pose inside my bedroom, living room or along the halls
Even if my snapshots aren’t seen in presentation walls


To you camera, oh precious camera
You catch each perspective of fun and drama
Big thanks to the bonding we had
The photos really make me glad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think about this post.